State of New South Wales and Office of Environment and Heritage. (2015). Heritage. Retrieved April 24, 2018 from http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/topics/heritage
Use this website site to:
- Search for significant heritage places and objects in NSW, including Aboriginal places. Find heritage items and Aboriginal places listed using the interactive map at the bottom of the search page. Zoom in, scroll around and click on an item flag to explore. http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/heritageapp/heritagesearch.aspx. What heritage attractions are close to Rainbow Street Public School?
- Watch the “support for local heritage” video http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/topics/heritage/support-for-local-heritage, to hear people talk about what local heritage means to them and why it is important.
Dictionary of Sydney. (2016). Dictionary of Sydney. Retrieved April 24, 2018 from http://home.dictionaryofsydney.org/
You can use this website to search any area in Sydney. Practise using the website by using the keyword “Randwick” for a simple search. You will be brought to this page https://dictionaryofsydney.org/place/Randwick. Here you will find:
- An overview of historical and cultural information about Randwick.
- A list of Randwick heritage plaques for recognised buildings and sites of historical significance in the local Randwick area.
- A collection of photos of significant local buildings and sites.
- A video of Randwick races in 1961.
Randwick Photo Gallery. (2018). Randwick City Library: Randwick Photo Gallery. Retrieved April 24, 2018 from http://www.photosau.com.au/Randwick/scripts/home.asp.
Use this website to:
- Search for photos held by Randwick Council.
- Some keywords to try include:
- Rainbow Street for a photo of Rainbow Street Public School;
- St Jude’s church
- Randwick post office
- Clovelly beach