Stage 2 History First Contacts: Home
This kids research guide is for Year 3 and 4 kids exploring First Contacts History questions.
You will find different types of research resources in this kids research guide – click the tabs above.
The research resources in this research guide supports the following key inquiry questions:
- Why did the great journeys of exploration occur?
- What was life like for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Why did Europeans settle in Australia?
- What was the nature and consequence of contact between Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and early traders, explorers and settlers?
Why you need to use this kids research guide.
1. The internet does not have everything.
There is also good information out there not on the web. Use this kids research guide to find great stuff in the school library that is not on the web.
2. Not everything is free.
Sometimes you have to pay to use things. Our school has paid for you to use some special learning websites. You can use this kids research guide to use these websites.
3. Save time finding good information.
Mrs. Soo has picked these useful things especially for you. You can trust what that Mrs. Soo picked for you.
4. Personal help.
Need help? Send Mrs. Soo a message. She will happily answer your questions.
Can you share, copy or change anything on this website?
The Classroom Files by P.Soo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://theclassroomfiles.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://theclassroomfiles.com.